Dental emergencies are sometimes an unfortunate part of life. At Mountain View Dental, we offer same-day emergency dental care in Acworth for patients in need. Below we have answered some of the question we hear most commonly regarding our emergency services. Please give us a call if you have any questions.
What constitutes a dental emergency?
A dental emergency can be hard to define. For many people, a situation is not considered a dental emergency as long as you are able to “deal” with it. But here at Mountain View Dental in Acworth, GA, we believe that you shouldn’t have to “deal” with it! We have come up with a list of situations that are considered dental emergencies. If you experience any of the following situations, please follow our tips for handling a dental emergency.
- Broken tooth
- Lost or knocked-out tooth
- Substantial tissue injury (such as to the lip, tongue, cheek, or gums)
- Substantial dental pain, especially when chewing
- Any other dental trauma or instance where immediate assistance is needed to save the tooth
What should I do in case of a dental emergency?
So now that you have determined that you are indeed experiencing a dental emergency, what should you do? We recommend following these steps to expertly handle the emergency situation:
- Stop any bleeding.
- Secure any teeth fragments. Store pieces in milk to keep moist.
- Attempt to replace any teeth that have fallen or been knocked out of your mouth.
- Do not touch the root of your tooth for any reason.
- Call us as soon as possible: (770) 429-8989.
- If the situation becomes life-threatening at any point, get to an emergency room immediately.
How long will I have to wait for an appointment?
Ideally, we like to see dental emergencies on the very same day you call. If at all possible (and the situation is truly urgent), we will work you into schedule. Our goal to see you for an emergency appointment is, “How fast can you get here?”
If you call after hours, please leave a voicemail with information about your situation. We will call you back and work with you in regard to being seen at our office. We can also offer advice that will help you until you are able to get to see one of our dentists.
Once you arrive at your appointment here in our office in Acworth, GA, we will help relieve your discomfort and get your dental health back on track!
How can I schedule a non-emergency appointment?
The process for scheduling a non-emergency appointment is the same as contacting us in an emergency situation: give us a call! You can reach us by calling (770) 429-8989. However, if you are not experiencing an emergency situation, you can also send us a message using our online contact form. Either way, we will be happy to help you find an appropriate date and time for your visit. Please always get in touch with us as soon as possible (via phone) if you are experiencing dental emergencies.