Mountain View Dental is a family dental office in Acworth, GA. Some dental offices only see grownups, some dental offices only see children, but our dental office is just right for the entire family. We’re the dental office to turn to when your family needs:
- General dentistry
- Restorative dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry
- Preventive dentistry
- Oral surgery
- Dental emergency
Because Dr. Reese and Dr. Smith see patients of all ages, we want to give you some tips on caring for your family’s smiles. To see our expertise in person, call us at 770-615-7326 to schedule your consultation.
You should bring your child in for their first dental visit by their first birthday. As your child ages, you can protect their teeth with regular dental cleanings, dental exams, and preventive treatments like:
- Dental sealants is a thin plastic film applied to the biting surface of your child’s tooth to seal out harmful bacteria.
- Fluoride treatments and varnish help make your child’s enamel stronger to fight off tooth decay.
- Nutritional counseling from your dentist can help you and your family make the right diet choices for your oral health.
Remember, the habits you help your child set when they’re young will go a long way toward protecting their teeth throughout their entire life.
As your child grows into a teenager driver’s licenses and dating won’t be the only thing you have to worry about. A lot of changes can take place with your child’s teeth and gums. During puberty it is particularly important that your teen continues to brush their teeth twice a day and floss daily. Hormonal fluctuations will make them more susceptible to gum disease.
This is the time in your child’s like that they’ll most likely be engaged in physical activities. We can provide an athletic mouthguard to protect their teeth from a sudden, unexpected collision.
This is also a time to consider braces. You can schedule a consultation with Dr. Reese or Dr. Smith who can tell you if your child’s smile suffers from misalignment. We offer ClearCorrect clear braces. Your teen will be able to get a straight smile without sacrificing their social standing – that’s a win-win!
Another issue that can crop up for your teen is their wisdom teeth. Wisdom teeth begin to make an appearance in the late teen years. Not everyone will need to have theirs removed, but if your teen does, it’s best to do it before they become a problem. Wisdom teeth can cause overcrowding or partially erupt and expose your teen’s gums to infection.
Middle Aged Smiles
Parents, even as you look after your kids’ smiles, don’t forget about caring for your teeth. The odds of losing a tooth noticeably increase over the age of 35. You’ll need to maintain your six-month checkups right alongside your children’s.
If you’ve grown dissatisfied with your smile as you’ve aged. You might want to consider cosmetic dentistry to bring the luster back:
- We offer ClearCorrect clear braces. That’s right, braces for adults! Because the braces are both clear and removable they won’t affect your quality of life.
- We can lift the shade of your smile by several shades for that bright white smile that can boost your confidence.
- If what you notice first is your gums when you smile, you have a gummy smile. We can treat you for that with laser gum reshaping.
- Tooth bonding and teeth contouring are quick fixes for a battered smile and so is our Snap-On Smile that you can easily pop into place over your natural teeth.
- For a longer term, natural-looking and feeling solution to smile imperfections you can ask Dr. Reese and Dr. Smith about our dental veneers.
- For a total smile overhaul we can create a treatment plan for a full smile makeover.
If you’re also missing functionality from your smile, dental implants can replace a missing tooth or teeth. Dental implants are the only tooth replacement option that can slow or stop the bone loss that can come along after tooth loss. Bone loss changes the shape of your jaw in ways that might not suit your appearance.
For elderly patients who have lost all of their teeth, we can give you a second-chance smile with full-mouth reconstruction. We can give you a set of new teeth with dental implants, dentures, or dental implant dentures. Schedule a consultation to discuss your options with Dr. Reese or Dr. Smith.
Keep your and your family’s smiles healthy at every age by partnering with a dental office that can treat every member of your family. Schedule appointments at Mountain View Dental by calling us at 770-615-7326.